THIS. This is the most versatile sauce I’ve ever made, and a staple in my fridge. I put it on everything. EVERYTHING. Okay maybe not desserts (but I’m not knockin’ it). But chicken, burgers, spaghetti squash, seafood, salads… yes, yes and yes. It’s creamy, garlicy, limey, a tad spicy, and nutrient dense. And it’s easy to whip up as well. Avocado makes this nice and smooth and creamy, fresh basil gives it a pesto taste, and spinach sneaks in extra nutrients. Plus garlic and lime, which obviously speaks for itself. Yum. I repeat. YUM. Once you try this, it’ll become a staple for you too! You won’t be able to help yourself.
Creamy Avocado Lime Spinach Pesto
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 ripe avocado, skin and pit removed
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1 clove of garlic
- juice of 1 large lime
- Salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
Makes about 1 cup of sauce
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor (I use my Ninja Master Prep and it works like a charm), and combine.
- Scrape down the sides and continue to blend.
- Repeat until completely combined and smooth texture has been achieved.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. May need to stir to recombine.
- A little goes a long way, enjoy!
Products Featured In This Post: